无意间读到Diana Anastasio的‘Tread Softly’,才知道原来童诗可以这么美。 忍不住试着翻译,才发现我的牛津字典不知道被丢到哪里去了。
希望有那么一首诗,让JJ圆圆和老三在往后面对低潮的时候, 突然想起,吟唱着抬头仰望闪烁的星空。
Some things, such as flying south, weaving a spider's web, and buiding a nest, are done by instinc. It's just built in, like blinking and suckling are for humans.
Silken Scaffold
I wish I were a spider,
For I would know, just know,
Without being told,
How to spin a silken ladder,
And a spiral scaffold.
If my woven scaffold snapped
Would you be my silken net?
Or must I spin a parachute
To carry me to the cold, hard ground below?
摘自‘Tread Softly’(www.readinga-z.com)
丝织攀架
我愿是蜘蛛,
因我知晓,本能的知晓,
不需要谁来告诉我,
如何织成一道光滑的梯子,
和旋转的攀架。
若我的攀架毁了
你是否愿意做我的救生网?
抑我必须及时编织一个降落伞,
让自己安全地降落到冰冻的,坚硬的地面?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Morning Twilight
Sometimes, in the soft morning twilight,
When the world is silent and the shadows still,
I tiptoe out to the little roofless house
And lie in the dawn dew, weaving daffodils through my fingertips.
Above my head, a corner nest slips a twig or two.
Spiders spin and weave,
Twisting silken webs.
A monarch butterfly wait to go
Thousands of miles to escape the snow.
How do they know?
How do they know?
I close my eyes, and wonder why.
摘自‘Tread Softly’(http://www.readinga-z.com/)
晨光
有时候,在轻柔的晨光中,
当万物俱寂影子凝固,
我踮着脚尖走到无顶的屋外
在晨露中躺下,用指尖编织着黄水仙。
头上,角落的鸟巢中有一两枝新芽探出。
蜘蛛在编织,
如丝般的网。
一只王蝶蓄势待发
准备远行千里躲避冷酷的寒冬。
他们如何知晓?
他们如何知晓?
我闭上眼睛,想个究竟。
注:Mornach butterfly
大型彩蝶,翅膀棕橙色,上有黑色网纹。飞行慢,却能从加拿大至墨西哥作远途飞行。
-
No comments:
Post a Comment