
Many animals and insects escape danger by hiding in places that are the same colors as they are. This is called Camouflage.
I Thought It Was a Twig
I almost snapped a walking stick.
It wasn't very big.
I was strolling through the woods,
And thought it was a twig.
The walking stick lay taut and still.
It almost fooled me,
Until I saw it shudder as
My fingers touched the tree.
I almost snapped a walking stick.
It wasn't very big.
Until its body trembled,
I thought it was a twig.
It wasn't very big.
I was strolling through the woods,
And thought it was a twig.
The walking stick lay taut and still.
It almost fooled me,
Until I saw it shudder as
My fingers touched the tree.
I almost snapped a walking stick.
It wasn't very big.
Until its body trembled,
I thought it was a twig.
作者: Diana Anastasio
我以为那是一根细枝
我差点儿就打下了一只竹节虫。
它不很大,
让在树林中闲逛的我,
还以为是一根细枝。
竹节虫身子紧绷着不动,
几乎把我耍了。
一直到我察觉它的颤抖,
在我用手指触碰树的时候。
我差点儿就打下了一只竹节虫。
它不很大,
一直到它的身子颤抖以前,
我都以为那是一根细枝。
-
No comments:
Post a Comment