Saturday, July 19, 2008

自然之歌(六) Adapt



Animals and people Adapt, or change, to fit their environment.


The Whys of Eyes

If I lived in a hole, like a mole,
And saw only darkness,
Would my eyes be small?
If I peered through the evening shadows,
Like an owl,
Would my eyes be large and wise ?


摘自‘Tread Softly’(www.readinga-z.com)
作者: Diana Anastasio

眼睛的疑问

若我住在地洞里,
像鼹鼠那样,
所见的只有黑暗,
那我的眼睛会不会变得很小?
若我能看透黑暗中的影子,
像猫头鹰一样,
那我的眼睛岂不又大又聪慧?


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tread Softly

I do not need the wings of a bird
to soar beyond a mountain's canvas.
I go on foot, treading higher, uphill,
Giant strides fading to labored baby steps,
Past quaking aspen.

I do not need flippers,
Because I live on the land,
Or a parrot's beak,
Or claws like a falcon. But I need lips so than I can kiss you,
And fingers so that I can hold your hand.

摘自‘Tread Softly’(www.readinga-z.com)
作者: Diana Anastasio


轻轻迈步

我无需鸟儿的翅膀
高飞过群山之颠
我以双脚迈向高处,登山,
巨大的脚印逐渐褪去孕育出婴孩的足迹,
走过颤动的山杨。

我无需鳍肢,
因我家就在陆地,
或鹦鹉之喙,
猎鹰的爪。
但我需要可以亲吻你的双唇,

和轻轻握你小手的手指。

2 comments:

CW said...

这些诗都是你翻译的吗?翻译得很美,很好噢!

Anonymous said...

jj娘,

左边jj&round round的图是谁画的?干脆帮我画绘本吧?


december